Construction began in March of 2020 and included the renovation and expansion of the classroom, theater, and administrative building.
The recently opened 28,178 square foot Academic Hub includes Active Learning Studios that foster design thinking, tinkering, collaborative learning, and entrepreneurship and serve as a flashpoint for synergy. These wide-open spaces and communal work tables will create the ideal environment to support group work, hands-on learning, creative problem solving, and increased student-faculty interaction.
Much like the education they will inspire, the Studios will be flexible by design to allow for facile refinements that keep pace with a changing pedagogy and evolving world.
- 11 Active Learning Studios
- The Middle School Division Suite and The Cayton Family Prep Division Suite
Three Departmental Offices with breakout rooms:
- The Paulina, Carlos & Diego Smith World Language Office
- The Schwab Family Math Office
- Performing Arts Office
- The second-story Rita Tuzon & Richard Stone Outdoor Deck with two breakout rooms
- Drawing and painting studio
- Graphic design lab
- Admissions and Head of School Offices
- Wide, landscaped Schwartzberg Family Bridge
- The Valerie & Faraz Daneshgar Central Courtyard
The Allison & Bennett Rosenthal Performing Arts Center, on the west side of the Academic Hub, features a new rehearsal studio, a new dance studio, and technical upgrades to the Irene Kleinberg Theater.
Technical upgrades to the Irene Kleinberg Theater
The newly landscaped Schwartzberg Family Bridge replaced the old wooden bridge and now provides greater connectivity from the North and South sides of campus.
The landscaped Valerie & Faraz Daneshgar Central Courtyard allows student gathering between the North and South buildings of the Academic Hub.